Sometimes you will get bank statements, utility bills in pdf format in your email and whenever you open them, they prompt you to enter a password to open the PDF file, and since many times you might use different passwords, It’s difficult to remember each pdf password.
Today Techie Whizkid show you an easy way on How you can remove passwords from PDF files using just Google chrome – the famous web browser from Google.
Follow these simple steps below to Remove Passwords from PDF File
- Drag any password protected PDF file into Google Chrome browser
- Google Chrome will now prompt you to enter the password of the file. Enter the password and hit Enter to open the file.
- Now go to the File menu in Google Chrome and choose Print (or press Ctrl+P on Windows or Cmd+P on Mac). Choose the destination printer as “Save as PDF” and click the Save button.
Chrome will then save the PDF to your desktop as a new PDF file but without the password protection. If you re-open this PDF in Chrome, it would no longer require a password to open.
Also Note that if you have enabled Google Cloud Print, you can choose the destination as “Save to Google Drive” in the print dialog and the unprotected version of the PDF will be sent straight to your Google Drive from Chrome.
How to Remove PDF Passwords using a Free Utility called BeCyPDFMetaEdit
Download BeCyPDFMetaEdit and open it, it will ask your for the location of the PDF file. Before you select and open the PDF, change the mode to “Complete Rewrite,” then switch to the Security tab and set the “Security System” to “No encryption.” Click the Save button and your PDF will no longer require a password to open.
Thanks to labnol for the above tips.
Gmail has rolled out a new feature Inbox Tabs which will enable gmail and you to sort your emails based on their content.
For example – All your Social Media Notifications from Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, YouTube will automatically be placed under the “Social” Tab while other promotions from Flipkart, amazon, ebay etc will get placed under “Promotions” tab.
Now for some users including me – This was quite annoying as I now had to switch between various tabs to locate all my new emails in my gmail Inbox. So here I am presenting you with the Tech Tip of the Week
How to Disable/Enable Tabs in Gmail Inbox
1. On the right side of the Gmail interface, find and click the little gear icon (a.k.a. Settings).
2. Click Configure inbox.
3. Now choose which of the five available tabs you want to enable—or disable. If you’re not sure exactly what each tab will give you, just mouse over the name of each one; Gmail will show you personalized examples (based on your own inbox) of the kinds of messages that’ll get sorted there. In order to disable all tabs so that you can see all emails in one Inbox tab only than uncheck all boxes except Primary & also enable Include starred in Primary under Starred Messages.
4. Once you’ve made your selections, click Save. and Gmail will then load all emails in one Inbox View only – just like the old times.
For your convenience – You can also watch the video below on How to Enable and Disable Gmail Tabs in Inbox
VPN or Virtual Private Network has become an important tool for online security in today’s internet era. With the increase independance on technology, internet threats pose a very serious risk. Each and every one of us should be concerned about our security and privacy on the World Wide Web. Understanding the need, numerous VPN providers have come to the rescue! As a result, choosing a VPN from this large pool has become a daunting task.
VPN and its functions:
VPN is a form of WAN or Wide Area Network, which is developed to secure all types of communication channels through private as well as public networks such as the internet. A Virtual Private Network creates a tunnel between both the ends of the connection that secures the data transmitted over the network. Some of the important functions of a Virtual Private Network are:
- Data Encryption: VPN is an advanced networking technology that encrypts all of the data sent by you by protocols such as PPTP VPN, L2TP VPN and SSH VPN.
- Secure Browsing: With the help of VPN, one can browse the internet with maximum security. The tunnel created by a VPN encrypts the data you transfer.
- Hidden IP Address: This is an important function of VPN. The user is provided with a new IP address that is assigned by Hotspot Shield server in the US. This allows the user to enjoy anonymous browsing.
- Unblock Blocked Sites: VPN technology empowers you to access blocked websites from any part of the world. Since you are surfing the internet with a new IP address, you can easily open Geo-restricted websites while using a VPN even if you are a citizen of an internet-censored country.
Points that should be considered when choosing a VPN
When you have decided to protect yourself with a VPN, there are certain points that should take into consideration.
All Avid Facebook Users know that Facebook does not offer an inline method for users to perceive when they are un-friended. Now not only you can see a list of people who un-friended you but also you will receive a notification alert right when it happens through a new script named Unfriend Finder.
This script was built by Edouard Gatouillat and is compatible with Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Opera and Safari. It installs automatically on Chrome but the folks who use Firefox will have to install the add-on called Greasemonkey before installing it.
Check out Unfriend Finder at http://www.unfriendfinder.com/home
If you prefer using Google Talk (GTalk) to chat online with your friends and only use Gmail to check emails and not for chatting. This tips will prove useful to you – This Tech Tip will help you to completely remove (and not just hide) the chat box from your Gmail mailbox.
Log on to your Gmail Settings page, switch to the Chat tab, choose “Chat Off” and click on the “Save Changes” button. Alternatively, you may use this link to directly access your Gmail Chat settings page. You can re-enable chat in your Gmail by using the “Chat On” option.
For More Tech Tips & Tutorials, Subscribe to Techie WhizKid RSS Feeds for Regular Updates and Follow Techie WhizKid on Twitter at http://twitter.com/TechieWhizKid