One of the most frequently noticed and a widely discussed issue in tech forums for Outlook 2007 is its Attachment Warning Message, and it’s more troublesome to solve if the user is using Windows Vista. The Annoyance of the user is as follows –
“When double clicking on an attachment I get a message if I would like open or save the file. I would like to open it but I don’t want to answer this question again. There is an option which says “Always ask before opening this type of file” which I want to turn off but can’t since it is greyed out. I was able to turn this off on Windows XP but I cannot do this on Windows Vista.”
Here is The Solution to Remove The Opening Attachments Warning Message which always asks for opening a type of file For Windows 7 and Windows Vista
Since that option is a system wide change and not limited to the logged on user, you must perform this with Administrator rights. Since everything is loaded as a user in Windows Vista you must explicitly run Outlook as an administrator to change the option.
Warning – Please perform the below steps only if your PC is running an Anti Virus Software which can check and scan email attachments for any viruses or trojans, coz as the warning above in the dialog box says that Do Not Trust Attachments from an unknown source, so please be careful while opening attachments in emails especially from senders whom you don’t know.
Incoming search terms:
- opening mail attachment warning outlook 2010
- opening mail attachment warning outlook 2007
- outlook 2010 opening mail attachment warning
- opening mail attachment warning outlook 2007 disable
- open mail attachment warning outlook 2010
- opening mail attachment dialog box
- opening mail attachment always ask greyed
- outlook 2010 disable attachment warning
- turn off opening mail attachment