Facebook has recently introduced a new photo viewer for Photo albums which allows you to preview the full size version of photos stored in a Facebook album, without leaving the current page. While this new Photo uploader from Facebook has received mixed reactions from the audience, some call it “pure distraction”.
Certain Viewers are finding this new layout very distracting as the new photo layout takes up the entire screen space so is there any shortcut or browser plugin to use Facebook’s classic photo viewer ?”
The Answer is Yes! There is a way by which you can switch back to the Old Classic Layout to view photos in Facebook and you don’t need to download any script or plugin to get the Old Classic Layout of Facebook Photos.
While you’re browsing through a Facebook photo album and the new photo viewer pops up, simply hit the F5 key from your computer’s keyboard. This will refresh the page and bring back the older Facebook photo viewer.
Whenever you see the ugly Facebook photo viewer with a dark background, click the browser address bar and remove “&theater” from the URL and hit Enter. This will switch to the older Facebook photo layout.
To Know More on How You can switch to the Old Classic Layout to view Photos in Facebook, View this Video below –
1. Remove &theater from URL – Once you click on a photo on Facebook, a new page will open where you can see &theater in the URL i.e. web address. Just remove that part from the URL and hit enter. You can now see the old Facebook photo viewer.
2. Hit F5 to Refresh the Facebook page – Very simple technique. Once the photo is opened in theater viewer, hit F5 on your keyboard. The page will load and will open the photo in old viewer.
3. Use Firefox Userscript – Mozilla Firefox users are having benefits of add-ons. Install Greasemonkey add-on on the browser and then install this Userscript. You will not see the new theater viewer while opening photos / pictures on Facebook.
4. Google Chrome Extension – Google Chrome browser extension installation is very easy task. Install this extension on your Chrome browser to disable theater effect or viewer.
5. Another Chrome Extension – Chrome is having one more extension for this purpose. In case the above extension is not working, you can try this one.
Hi! I am Maverick and I am a Geek. I love Technology and I am an avid Gamer as well!. I love the Web & practically live on It, I like reading blogs which enhance my knowledge. Techie WhizKid is my endeavor for my readers and friends. Here is where You can learn essential tips and information which will make your tech live easier.