VPN or Virtual Private Network has become an important tool for online security in today’s internet era. With the increase independance on technology, internet threats pose a very serious risk. Each and every one of us should be concerned about our security and privacy on the World Wide Web. Understanding the need, numerous VPN providers have come to the rescue! As a result, choosing a VPN from this large pool has become a daunting task.
VPN and its functions:
VPN is a form of WAN or Wide Area Network, which is developed to secure all types of communication channels through private as well as public networks such as the internet. A Virtual Private Network creates a tunnel between both the ends of the connection that secures the data transmitted over the network. Some of the important functions of a Virtual Private Network are:
- Data Encryption: VPN is an advanced networking technology that encrypts all of the data sent by you by protocols such as PPTP VPN, L2TP VPN and SSH VPN.
- Secure Browsing: With the help of VPN, one can browse the internet with maximum security. The tunnel created by a VPN encrypts the data you transfer.
- Hidden IP Address: This is an important function of VPN. The user is provided with a new IP address that is assigned by Hotspot Shield server in the US. This allows the user to enjoy anonymous browsing.
- Unblock Blocked Sites: VPN technology empowers you to access blocked websites from any part of the world. Since you are surfing the internet with a new IP address, you can easily open Geo-restricted websites while using a VPN even if you are a citizen of an internet-censored country.
Points that should be considered when choosing a VPN
When you have decided to protect yourself with a VPN, there are certain points that should take into consideration.
Being a tech-lover and a security-conscious person, I have researched a lot for the most reliable VPN and I found that Hotspot Shield VPN stands out in terms of functionality and credibility.
Why Hotspot Shield VPN?
- Provides total security with advanced technology.
- Offers high level of privacy by hiding your real IP address.
- Bypasses firewalls and filters efficiently allowing the user to unblock YouTube and other sites.
- Compatible with the following operating systems: PC, Mac, iOS and Android.
- Uses many dedicated servers in the US.
- Offers unlimited bandwidth and is available in free as well as affordable paid version and therefore, it is cost effective.
- Safeguards against identity thefts and many other internet threats.
Guest Post by Satinder Singh
Satinder Singh is an Inbound Marketing Analyst at Click Labs, writing for Hotspot Shield, the leading Free VPN service provider. He has shared over 40+ articles pertaining to internet security, online privacy and internet freedom on different technology blogs