Nowadays Data Storage is becoming easier as Data Storage Devices are becoming very small, compact and easy to handle with bigger capacities in small sizes. One of these devices is A SD Memory Card which is a very commonly used these days in Mobile Phones, Cameras & Hand Held Devices. But you never know when it can stop working – Imagine you click a picture of a lifetime only to realize that the SD Memory Card is not working and the only option left is to format the SD Memory Card.
You would normally format the SD Memory Card by using the inbuilt Right Click Format Command present in Windows but according to the SD Association “SD or SDHC memory card file systems formatted with generic operating system formatting software do not comply with official SD memory card requirements and optimum performance may not be experienced“.- resulting in data loss or death of your SD Memory Card.
For The Same purpose SD Association has built a nifty little program which will format your SD Memory Card with ease. It’s called SD Formatter.
SD Formatter is only supported by Windows, MAC & Linux Users will have to wait. It Supports both SD & SDHC Memory Cards, & A Standard Memory Card Reader is recommended for the formatting process.
Click Here To Download SD Formatter (It’s a 1.28 MB exe download)
Open SD Formatter
The second, Full (erase off), will put the disk into a proper SD format, but beware: even though it says “erase off,” all data on the disk will be deleted, or rather, overwritten. However, the “flash” erase, which truly deletes all data beyond the realms of easy recovery, is not used in this second option.
Thus, the third option, Full (erase on),—is the option you will want to use most often, as it formats the card properly, while giving it a fresh start with no old data left on the disk at all. Not all cards support this, but if you choose this and the card does not support the option, the formatter automatically reverts to the second “erase off” option during the formatting process.
Incoming search terms:
- format size adjustment
- SD formatter this drive is not supported
- sdformatter this drive is not supported
- https://yandex ru/clck/jsredir?from=yandex ru;search;web;;&text=&etext=1822 SDLZ21AlDd52Hc2nx-w5evJWfxTKndUoYJlhT21ekrx-SW_uNs4rF_DXo9vY5tp1 2c5ac6051c1d3c122f151af740269cf3a5407cea&uuid=&state=_BLhILn4SxNIvvL0W45KSic66uCIg23qh8iRG98qeIXme
- https://yandex ru/clck/jsredir?from=yandex ru;search;web;;&text=&etext=1825 9r0pJvwfXGZk2Kbng-QfqCNDBvmO9lmBe8Dp3_QWmJWfVT2SUqOcHGxe8CL65dPx cffc78498d2e880d563a63622d6a4efaf1eb186d&uuid=&state=_BLhILn4SxNIvvL0W45KSic66uCIg23qh8iRG98qeIXme
- SD format size adjustment